Sing with Us!
We welcome singers who have a strong passion for our mission, a personal connection to breast cancer, and who love to sing. Breast cancer survivors and singers who have immediate family members affected by breast cancer are given priority to open choral positions.
Why Join the Chorus?
To share a choral experience with singers whose lives have been touched by breast cancer.
To provide the gift of music to local breast cancer communities.
To share your love of music with new, special friends.
To bring quality choral performances to the community.
How can I Join the Chorus?
The Sing to Live® Community Chorus is a non-auditioned chorus. To get started, you will be asked to attend a voice placement session. You'll meet our Conductor who will determine which voice part will be the best fit for you and the chorus. The important dates for our upcoming April 2014 concert - The Best of Broadway! are:
Voice Placements (new singers must attend only one of the voice placement sessions)
- Tuesday January 7, 2014 (Glenview)
- Thursday January 9, 2014 (Oak Park)
Rehearsals (pick a primary rehearsal location; you need attend only one rehearsal per week)
- Tuesdays @ 6:45 - 9:00pm starting January 14, 2014 (Glenview)
- Thursday @ 7:15 - 9:30pm starting January 16, 2014 (Oak Park)
Best of Broadway Concerts (Singers are expected to sing in both performances)
- Saturday April 12, 2014 @ 7:30 (Glenview)
- Sunday April 13, 2014 @ 4:00pm (Oak Park)
What does it cost to join the chorus?
Each singer is responsible to purchase:
- concert scores ($25-$35)
- concert attire (varies between men and women - roughly $100-$125)
- singer dues ($25 - $35 per concert - we have 2 concerts per year (October and April)
We offer financial assistance as needed.